Cutie Patootie


Just a quick update on Doodle-Bug :)

He got weighed yesterday, and he was 7lbs and 10 ounces!!! He gained almost a pound in 9 days! He's still not breastfeeding yet...I spend most of my day hooked up to the breast pump, to make sure he at least is getting breastmilk. Because he was born almost a month early, his sucking abilities are not very good. It's the hardest thing to handle for me...It feels like when he rejects my breast, he is rejecting ME. I know that this is not the case, but it's hard not to feel that way. We've tried everything...but nothing has worked so far. I want him to nurse more than anything right now...to feel that mother/baby bond that I thought I would be experiencing...to have special Mom/Harper moments that nobody else can have. For now, at the advice of the lactation consultant, we are taking a break from even trying to get him to nurse. Harper and I are both too emotionally charged about the whole scene, and we both need a break before we reintroduce him to the idea in a couple of weeks.

It's hard to believe that he is already 5 weeks old! I love him more everyday!

No comments: