Who says pregnant people can't have fun???

On Saturday afternoon (after the Ducks won a close game against Purdue...), Tuli and I headed to Portland to see our favorite band, Michael Franti & Spearhead, at the Roseland Theater. We also went up there to visit some of our Portland friends that we don't get to see often enough.

We first stopped at my friend, Erin's, house in Wilsonville. She and her boyfriend, Eli, have an adorable 1 year old named Trenton.



We went out to dinner with Erin, and played with Trenton for awhile. Erin was kind enough to give us a baby bouncy-swingy-thingy (maybe I should learn the correct baby terminology for these things before Harper is here...), and a carseat! We aren't sure if the carseat she gave us is exactly what we are looking for, but we took the free handout gladly! :)

We left Erin's house and headed for the concert. It was a sold out show, and it was a good thing we got there early - otherwise we wouldn't have gotten actual seats. We got really good seats on the balcony, where we were able to dance, and rest as we liked. It was an amazing show as usual - we ALWAYS have so much fun at his shows! Spearhead just came out with a new album this past week, so most of his songs were from that, but he also played some of our favorites from older albums as well. Now, if only I could get Michael Franti to come sing to me during my labor....



After the concert, we went and stayed the night at Stu's house, one of Tuli's friends. He's a really nice guy, and he was very kind to let us stay there.

The next morning, we all went out for breakfast, and I got my bacon and egg fix, while Tuli filled up on blueberry pancakes, his favorite.

After breakfast, we went and visited with Nicolle, my friend that I went and stayed with in Denmark in 2007. I initially met her while working at Sym-Hell about 4 years ago, and we've been friends ever since. She is one of the funniest, funnest, intelligent people I know - she is a blast to hang out with. We had never been to a New Seasons grocery store, and she said that was not acceptable, so we went. We walked around the store, and filled up on bread and cheese samples. It's a really cool store...mostly everything is healthy and organic. Nicolle's major purchase was bacon. Another reason we're friends.

This was the first time she has seen me pregnant, and she was SO excited to see/touch my belly. She made me feel good about myself, telling me that I was one of those "cute, pregnant ladies."


So, remember how I said that Nicolle is one of the funniest people I know? Well, we kind of have this weird tradition of taking "prom pictures," and being pregnant was not going to stop that tradition. I call this one: Pregnant at the Prom. I know, classy.


We had an awesome weekend of seeing awesome friends, and seeing an awesome musician! YAY! Do I really have to go sit in a 6x9 cube tomorrow? Ugh.




No comments: